twitter

    Tuesday, February 16, 2010

    Incidently...

    It turns out that I am quite, almost infatuated, with Type.  Type and Fonts of all varieties!  Today we had a class all about it and aside from the past weeks lessons of Grids and Margins, I AM now having fun.  I got to design a bunch of different things today, all centered around the clever use of type to portray either Myself, an Emotion, an Action or a Thing.  Was very awesome and I enjoyed it thoroughly.  So much so that it made me race home so that I may start finally working on my Kinetic Typography (Moving Type) vid.

    Freaking brilliant and since then I have come across THOUSAND's of vids revolving around Kinetic Typography.  I just have to get in on this.  The first step though, of course, is choosing a Monologue.  Unfortunetly two of my favourites are already taken.  V's "V Speech" from V for Vendetta and Keifer Sutherland's "Rifle Speech" from Phone Booth (two brilliant films by the way).  So now I've got to find something rad that'll look good in type.

    Feel free to send suggestions on this one.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment